Monday, March 15, 2010
Potassium Source: Raisins
Did you know that raisins are a VERY high source of potassium? In fact.. one cup of raisins contains 1089 mg of potassium.
I enjoy raisins.. especially covered in yogurt 8-) hehe... this week I added raisins to my favorite snack- organic slim cereal. I found a special mix at whole foods that contains organic pumpkin seeds, walnuts, and raisins. I add 1/2 a banana and cut 2 strawberries into small pieces, and it is delish! It's a wonderful meal to start the day with, although I prefer to drink green tea and juice my veggies in the morning... I usually have this snack for lunch or in between lunch and dinner. Oh.. and this is important- I don't include milk in this. I substitute milk for a wonderful drink called rice dream- it tastes so much better than milk and isn't full of the puss that milk is... that's right milk drinkers, you are drinking puss.. That's for a different blog! Let's talk more about potassium...
It is the 3rd most abundant mineral in your body. Sufficient amounts in the diet help to keep muscles strong, controls blood pressure, protects against heart disease, keeps bowels regular and works to eliminate irritability, confusion, and stress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment