Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Creating Writing Sample

2. Creative Writing Sample: Choose an inanimate object in your workspace. This could be a chair, desk, plant, pencil, or whatever catches your eye. In a blog, write about the following

It's so empty in here.  I hope the baby arrives soon.  I'm Randy the Rocking Chair.  This is my second home.  I spend the first years of my life with the Owen Family, holding Clara and she rocked Adam to sleep.  I get it... Kids get older, they don't need rocked anymore.  Not that they don't need it, they just don't think they do.    This is when it's hard for me.  I go into the garage.  The cold and dusty garage.  Sometimes the family cat would curl up on me which was nice, but other than that I had little connection with things.

Now thanks to Craigslist, a new family has brought me home.  I belong to a little girl, two little girls actually.  The mother is so young and beautiful, a ripe 19 years old.  I hope she will sit in me and together we can rock her new baby to sleep.  They say the baby arrives any day now.  For now, I'm just taking it all in.  The walls are green and pink.  There are other toys, cribs, accessories waiting to be used.  The relationship I will have with the girls will be quite different.  They love me.  I provide them comfort, peace, centering, sleep.

I hope little momma loves this child... Sits in the comfort of my arms while she comforts her little one.  I have come to understand that babies are the closest I have ever felt to god.  Newly arrived straight from the source, bringing light and love to the world.  If I could tell little momma one thing to make sure of, it would be... Let little one know your love her.  No matter what... Touch her little face and sing her sweet lullabies as I rock you and support you in my arms.
• What is its story?

• Imagine it sitting next to another object of its kind but of much better of much worse quality. What is it thinking about that other object? How does it feel being compared to it?

• Now, what advice would this object give you if it could talk?

No comments:

Post a Comment